Get Ready for our 2016 Annual
April Showers Women's
Adult Classic Hockey Tournament
April 8, 9 and 10, 2016
In our recently held 2015 13th Annual Women's April Showers Tournament we hosted a total of 40 teams, 551 women players that came from 11 states, representing 255 towns and 2 countries. The average age of the women playing in our over 30yr old divisions was 46, the average years of experience was 10.9. The average age of the players in our new 21+ division was 29 with an average of 20 yrs of experience.
D - Red / White / Blue (30 yrs and over) - 1 spot left
C/D - Division (30 yrs and over)- 1 spot left
21yrs + / Open Division - FULL
About the Tournament
Three game guarantee, Semi final in some divisions (TBD), fourth game for finalists in each division. All teams must be ablt to play starting at 5:00pm on Friday. Considerations will be given to traveling teams.
- Women players only, age 21 yrs. and over division and over age 30 yrs D & C/D division(s) C- division is 30 yrs + but we will allow 2 players per team that are 27+ years if needed.
- Play will be at Valley Sports in Concord and Nashoba Valley in Acton
- C/D level is intended for teams whose players are a mix of C and D, or all strong D players.
- Each team member/coach must be a current member of USA Hockey
- Each player will receive an April Showers Tournament gift (up to 14 players)
- Saturday night team party hosted at the Holiday Inn for all players/coaches
- Discounted rooms at the Holiday Inn in Boxborough
- Special raffle for tournament players to benefit Spaulding Adaptive Sports Centers
Team Entry Fee - Two Options
1.) Full team payment of $975 by January 2, 2016 (savings of $50) - Discounted fee has expired.
2.) A $200 non-refundable deposit required by January 2, 2016 to hold your team spot.
$825 Balance Due by February 2, 2016.
2016 Registration Form (docx)
2016 Team Roster Form (xlsx)
Tournament Hotel Information for 2016
NEWHL has paired with the Holiday Inn Boxborough for our 2016 April Showers Women's Adult Classic. They are offering special room rates for players. You are welcome to book your room online by clicking the below link. The rooms are $102-$122 without breakfast for a double (30 rooms avail) or King (30 rooms avail) or $112-$132 with breakfast. The cost depends upon the number of people in the room. The Saturday night Players Party will be located in the Parade Room at the hotel. It will include Food, Live Band, Dancing and our fantastic basket raffle. Teams are encouraged to bring a "Team Basket".
Be sure to enter one of the group codes below to get the special rate.
Your group code is WHB (with breakfast)
Your group code is WHN (without breakfast)
Book your room at the Holiday Inn, Boxborough, MA
We play on two rinks
Valley Sports Arena
2320 Main St. Concord, MA
Nashoba Valley Olympia
34 Massachusetts Ave. in W. Acton which is on the same road as the Holiday Inn. See map below.
2016 Game Schedules TBD
2015 Tournament Rules (pdf)
2015 Game Results LIVE!
2015 Tournament Winners!
Congratulations to everyone for their outstanding effort in this year's tournament!
2015 Game Results
Results of the past April Showers Tournaments
Ice Holes - Winners of the O21+ Division 2015
Replacements - Winners of the C Division - 2015
ME Breakaways - Winners of the C/D Division - 2015
Tuckerman Breakaways - Winners of the D - 1 Division - 2015
Cougars - Winners of the D - 2 Division - 2015
O'Thirties - Winners of the D - 3 Division - 2015