Get Ready for our 2015 Annual
April Showers Women's
Adult Classic Hockey Tournament
April 10, 11 and 12, 2015
In our recently held 2014 12th Annual Women's April Showers Tournament we hosted a total of 36 teams, 516 women players that came from 10 states, representing 196 towns. The average age of the women playing in our over 30yr old divisions was 47, the average years of experience was 10.5. The average age of the players in our new 21+ division was 27 with an average of 14 yrs of experience.
D - Red / White / Blue (30 yrs and over)
C/D - Division (30 yrs and over)
C - Division (30+ if needed can have up to 2 players 27+ yrs)
21yrs + / Open Division
New this year! C-teams may have up to two players that are 27yrs +
About the Tournament
Three game guarantee, Semi final in some divisions (TBD), fourth game for finalists in each division. (Please let Kerri know if your team will be available to play any games during the day on Friday, April 10)
- Women players only, age 21 yrs. and over division and over age 30 yrs D & C/D division(s) C- division is 30 yrs + but we will allow 2 players per team that are 27+ years if needed.
- Play will be at Valley Sports in Concord and Nashoba Valley in Acton
- C/D level is intended for teams whose players are a mix of C and D, or all strong D players.
- Each team member/coach must be a current member of USA Hockey
- Each player will receive an April Showers Tournament T-shirt (up to 14 players, $15 each after that)
- Saturday night team party hosted at the Holiday Inn for all players/coaches
- Discounted rooms at the Holiday Inn in Boxborough
- Special raffle for tournament players to benefit The Virginia Thurston Healing Garden, AccesSportAmerica and Scholarship Fund
Team Entry Fee - Two Options
1.) Full team payment of $950 by January 2, 2015 (savings of $50)
2) A $200.00 non-refundable deposit required by January 2, 2015 to hold your team spot.
$800.00 Balance Due by February 2, 2015.
2015 Registration Form (pdf)
Tournament Hotel Information for 2015
NEWHL has paired with the Holiday Inn Boxborough for our 2014 April Showers Women's Adult Classic. They are offering special room rates for players. You are welcome to book your room online by clicking the below link. The rooms are $99.00 for a double (30 rooms avail) or King (30 rooms avail) or $109.00 which includes breakfast for two. The Saturday night Players Party will be located in the Parade Room at the hotel. It will include Food, Live Band, Dancing and our fantastic basket raffle. Teams are encouraged to bring a "Team Basket".
Be sure to enter one of the group codes below to get the special rate.
Your group code is NEB (with breakfast)
Your group code is NEH (without breakfast)
Book your room at the Holiday Inn, Boxborough, MA
We play on two rinks
Valley Sports Arena
2320 Main St. Concord, MA
Nashoba Valley Olympia
34 Massachusetts Ave. in W. Acton which is on the same road as the Holiday Inn. See map below.
2014 Game Schedules TBD
2014 Tournament Rules (pdf)
2014 Game Results LIVE!
2014 Tournament Winners!
Congratulations to everyone for their outstanding effort in this year's tournament!
2014 Game Results
Results of the past April Showers Tournaments
Murph's - Winners of the O21+ Division 2014
Phantoms - Winners of the C Division - 2014
Quarry Cats - Winners of the C/D Division - 2014
NEWHL Nasty Habits - Winners of the D - 1 Division - 2014
O'Herricanes - Winners of the D - 2 Division - 2014
MS Conducts 2 - Winners of the D - 3 Division - 2014
Muscle Milk sponsors (photo above and below)